Baking/ Breakfast/ garden/ Going for a drive/ Recipes/ Relax/ Sewing

A Morning Coffee With Me…

Hi there and how are you today. If you have come over from Pips place, welcome! I’m Simone, come into my lounge and lets find a spot to sit down on the couch. I can put the kettle on or would you like a coffee. I love using my coffee machine, a latte or cappuccino?

It seems so long ago now but back in May I enrolled in a fantastic blogging course called Blog with Pip. I met some lovely new friends and even learnt some new things about blogging too. I might even go back and enrol for the July group.

Now although the course has finished, our last thing to do is to share our 5 things that we are loving right now and join in with Pip over at meet me at mikes. She is hosting A Cuppa Tea with Me so her May students can share some things about themselves. Unfortunately I don’t drink tea as I love coffee too much. The only time I have drunk tea is when I had morning sickness with all five pregnancies and last check, I am not pregnant! But I might put the kettle on and grab a tea bag if I feel the sniffles coming along. A nice warm cuppa will fix that.

So, with our nice warm drinks and a special morning treat here are my five things I am loving right now…

1. My cup of coffee. I always have one in the morning at around 9.30 am. It’s my routine and I love it. And if I have done some baking for the kids, I will indulge in a treat for testing purposes of course! Baked good seen here were Jam rolls made with small bread rolls and baked in the oven. I made these for the kids breakfast this morning. School holidays have started so I get to try out some new breakfast recipes. These were very nice and the kids liked them, tick!cupcoffee 2. Venturing out and going for a walk with my hubby. Exploring new parks and places. Enjoying some ‘we’ time.

hubbytree copy3.  I am finally using my overlocker my hubby bought me two years ago for my birthday. I joined in The Hottie Project which is hosted by Lisa from Big Little. I have missed being able to sew. But not anymore, there will be more sewing projects to come!hottieproject14c4. Baking in my kitchen. Just making, baking and making! I love trying new recipes and the best bit is I have lots of helpers to test them for me. I made this for breakfast last Saturday. It is a german style oven pancake. Very yummy, hubby and I had two servings! We had a good reason, we needed that extra serve so we could finish off our coffee!cupcoffee5. Using my Nikon D3200 dslr camera. Hubby bought this for me for christmas. I love photography. I am learning all the time how to use my camera and enjoy jumping into the car and finding places we can visit to take photos. This photo was taken on my birthday weekend getaway. Hubby and I went to Daylesford for a weekend and found this church between towns. It was a beautiful church just sitting there in the open between fields of grass and fences.daylesfordtripWell, what a lovely chat we have had! I am glad that you dropped by. Now don’t leave it too long between visits. I would love to put that kettle back on. There might just be a freshly baked treat sitting on the bench cooling.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

See you next time,

wordpresssignature

P.S. Normally I do a post about what is happening in my garden or parks that I have visited. Anyone can join in and you share your garden, someone else’s or a park that you have been to. All you do is link your blog via the linky at the bottom of my post. But since we are having a tea party today I have postponed it. I don’t want to miss out on all the fun. I love having a chat and meeting new friends. There might even be some of you that would like to join in next time. The more the merrier, I say!!

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

Little White Dove
    June 27, 2014 at 1:33 pm

that church is soooo beautiful!! Great pics 🙂

Simone
      June 27, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Thank you! I took some more photos of the church. It was a lovely place x

Naomi Bulger
    June 27, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Loving so much here. But those German oven pancakes, WOW! What is inside them? Are they eggy / custardy? I kind of want to try making them but I REALLY want to try eating them 😉

Simone
      June 27, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Thanks Naomi. It was our first time trying the pancakes. They are eggy. A couple of the kids didn’t like them. I’m still going to make them again though, they can have something else! They were easy to make and took about 30 mins all up to make and bake x

Elisha Ross
    June 27, 2014 at 4:18 pm

5 kiddies. Thats awesome. I am hanging for all the sweet food to eat again…Those pancakes look delish..

Simone
      June 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

The thing I missed having when I was pregnant was McDonald’s thickshake. Couldn’t have them because of the soft serve icecream in them. The pancakes were easy to make, more eggy than cakey. But still good!

One Small LIfe
    June 27, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Those jam rolls look yummy – can you share the recipe Simone? Loved your post. x

Simone
      June 27, 2014 at 9:13 pm

They were very easy to make. I would love to share the recipe. I will make them again and take some step by step photos. Thank you, one small life x

Karen
    June 27, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Yes those pancakes look delicious Simone! And I bought myself a Nikon D3200 dslr for Christmas LOL x

Simone
      June 27, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Thank you Karen. How funny is that! It’s a great camera, don’t you think? I’m having lots of fun with it x

Jenny Jones
    June 29, 2014 at 11:47 am

lovely photos and yes those jam rolls and pancakes have my mouth watering 🙂

Simone
      June 30, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Thank you Jenny! I love baking especially when it’s for family and friends x

Jo from Blondie By the Sea
    July 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Oh my Simone those pancakes. I. Need. One. In. My. Tummy. I love your little coffee routine. Oh yes I want to get my overlocker out and make soooon……..Like I said earlier I reckon a Skype cuppa would be cool. Jo xx

Simone
      July 4, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Hi Jo! The pancakes were very nice. I like something a bit different for weekend breakfasts. I would love to have a Skype cuppa with you. I will have to look into how to do that. Let’s keep in touch xx

cathie
    July 4, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Hi, hi simone,
    Nice to get to know you a bit better.

Enjoy those pancakes, they look A M A Z I N G !

Simone
      July 6, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Hi Cathie, thank you for stopping by. Those pancakes were very nice. I think I might make them again very soon x

Deb Baker
    July 8, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Thanks for sharing this lovely post Simone. Nothing like an overlocker to get you sewing again. I don’t have my own but have access to my Mum’s. They are the best!! And those pancakes look heavenly. xx

Simone
      July 9, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Hi Deb, thank you for coming over for a visit. I am trying to get my overlocker out again to use during the school holidays but have had no luck so far! I still have a few days left. The pancakes were yummy, I am going to make them again soon xx