Baking/ Cakes/ Recipes

Cinnamon Tea Cake

Hello, everyone! My day started with dropping the kids off at school, and then it was busy with driving around town running errands. What I wanted to do was come home and share with you this delicious Cinnamon Tea Cake.

cinnamonteacake1

This cake is perfect to make when you are having visitors over for afternoon tea.

cinnamonteacake2text

Cinnamon Tea Cake

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

A light and moist Cinnamon Tea Cake perfect for afternoon tea.
Author:
Recipe type: Cake
Ingredients
  • 125g butter, softened
  • ¾ cup caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup SR flour
  • ¼ cup milk
  • vanilla essence
  • extra sugar for sprinkling
  • cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven on 180°C/ 160°C fan forced
  2. Line a cake tin with baking paper.
  3. Combine butter and sugar in a mixer and beat until creamy.
  4. Add eggs, flour, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
  5. Pour batter into the cake tin. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
  6. Bake in over for about 30 minutes until the centre is cooked.
  7. Remove cake from tin and place on a cooling rack to cool. Or serve up while still warm.
  8. Enjoy!
Notes
This recipe was adapted from Retro Mummy

You have something that is easy to make and quick to throw together. It will be a great accompaniment to your tea or coffee.

cinnamonteacake3cinnamonteacake4

The cake was moist, light and fluffy. We served the Cinnamon Tea Cake while it was still warm. Everyone enjoyed it, and there was nothing left. The kids just gobbled it all. A great simple cake. Delicious!

Happy baking!

wordpresssignature

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

ButterandBuntings
    July 22, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Oh yum! One of my favourites, especially with some apple through it as well. xx

Simone
      July 22, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Ooo, that sounds good with some apple in it. I am going to try that next time, thanks xx

Pearl - Pretty Mayhem
    July 25, 2014 at 3:27 pm

My husband has a morning tea on Monday morning and I’ve been looking for an easy cake that I could bake for him. This cinnamon cake sounds perfect!

Simone
      July 26, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Hi Pearl, nice to meet you. I hope you give it a go. It’s an easy cake to make. I would love to hear from you if you bake it. x

Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    July 27, 2014 at 4:10 pm

What a wonderful looking cake! I’m a bit of a sucker when it comes to tea cake, thanks for sharing such a yummy and beautiful recipe with us for Fabulous Foodie Friday 🙂

Simone
      July 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

It was really nice eating it warm Lauren. Any cake disappears quickly when it’s served warm in our house x

Fabulous Foodie Friday #12 - Easy Chicken Dinner - Bake Play Smile
    July 31, 2014 at 7:30 pm

[…] I just love a simple cake and this gorgeous Cinnamon Tea Cake from With Vintage and Me looks pretty perfect to me. I can totally see myself kicking back with a […]

Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    May 22, 2015 at 9:03 pm

This would be so perfectly delicious fresh from the oven

Dannielle@Zamamabakes
    May 22, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Teacakes make me feel like I’m eating a big delicious donut. Our Mr 10 loves teacake, I must make one again very soon. Love eating it warm…..I don’t think there is a better way!
    Thanks for joining in with our Fabulous Foodie Friday fun.
    Have a great weekend xx
    Dannielle@Zamamabakes recently posted…Fabulous Foodie Fridays #52My Profile

Lizzie {Strayed Table}
    May 26, 2015 at 1:25 pm

stopping by from FFF. Love the look of your cinnamon cake – so moist and stunning photos too. I am hungry for cake now.
    Lizzie {Strayed Table} recently posted…What to feed your ChickensMy Profile

Fabulous Foodie Fridays #53 - Create Bake Make
    May 28, 2015 at 7:32 pm

[…] Tea Cakes remind me of my Nan so I just had to include this gorgeous Cinnamon Tea Cake from Basil and Chook. […]

Jocelyn McGaffic
    June 16, 2015 at 10:43 am

Looks so yummy and I love your pictures! Thank you for sharing at Pin Worthy Wednesday.

Simone