Egg Free Sugar Cookies
Recipe type: Cookies
- 125 gms of butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tlbs milk
- 1½ cups of plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced/170°C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and milk. Beat well.
- Then add the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough until the desired thickness, about .6cm or just under 1 cm. Cut out shapes using any type of shape cutter.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes.
- I baked the cookies for 8 mins. They were just barely done and were nice and soft.
- Once you have taken them out of the oven, wait a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, then you can decorate them any way you want.
This recipe was adapted from frommelanieshometoyours
These were a fantastic cookie to make. The dough I found to be very stable when using the shape cutter. Even after baking, the cookies stayed in the star shape and didn’t come out misshapen. The cookies were lovely and soft and a great all-rounder cookie recipe. I am going to use this recipe for our Christmas cookies. I look forward to trying out all the different Christmas cookie cutter shapes.Happy baking!