My dad was our very special lunch guest on Sunday at our place. I always like baking him something that he really enjoys eating. So I decided on making some scones. It is nice having scones for lunch as a special treat especially with our homemade jam and freshly whipped cream, yum!
- 3 cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup cream
- some milk for brushing on top of the scones
- Preheat oven to 210°C fan forced/220°C
- Line a tray or baking dish with baking paper.
- Sift self raising flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add lemonade and cream, then mix until just combined to form a soft dough. Do not over mix.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and gently roll out to 2cm thick.
- Gently cut out the scone shapes using a floured cutter.
- Place close together on tray, brush with milk and bake for 10-15 mins. The scones should be cooked in the middle and lightly brown on top.
- Once cooked, serve with jam and fresh cream.
After the scones are done, I put mine in a serving dish. I use a large white casserole dish that I bought from Ikea a few years ago and line it with tea towels. I put a couple of folded tea towels on the bottom then lay a tea towel open in the dish. I place the scones in the opened tea towel then wrap the corners over and place another tea towel on top. In the end, I probably use too many tea towels but my mum used to do it this way and it does keep the scones warm while we enjoy eating them.Happy baking, enjoy!