Chocolate/ Recipes

Mars Bar Chocolate Balls

mars bar chocolate balls

I went and filled up the car with petrol the other day. As you walk in and head over to the checkout to pay, they always have some deal going on whether it be packets of chips, drinks or chocolate. This time they had a deal with Mars Bars, buy 2 get 2 free. I saw these and immediately thought I need to make something with Mars Bars in it.

The chocolate bars sat on the kitchen bench for a couple of days until I decided on what to do with them.

Idea!! Chocolate balls!!!

Mars Bar Chocolate Balls!!!!

Mmmmm, caramel chocolate, in small delightful, place in your mouth treats.

marsbarchocballs3

5.0 from 1 reviews
Mars Bar Chocolate Balls

Prep time
Total time

A yummy blend of caramel chocolate, in small delightful, place in your mouth treats
Author:
Serves: Makes about 24 balls
Ingredients
  • 250g packet of plain sweet biscuits, crushed (Nice, Teddy Bear etc)
  • 1 x 395g sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 tablespoons of cocoa
  • 3 - 4 80g bars of Mars Bars, chopped into small pieces
  • ½ to 1 cup of desiccated coconut and/or chocolate flake for rolling in
Instructions
  1. In a medium size bowl, add the crushed biscuits, cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk, and the chopped Mars Bars. Mix until all combined.
  2. Roll into small balls about 1 inches.
  3. Coat the balls in the desiccated coconut/chocolate flake.
  4. Chill in fridge until ready to eat.
  5. Enjoy!

marsbarchocballsmarsbarchocballs2 marsbarchocballs1

These delicious little Mars Bar Chocolate Balls didn’t last long in our house. They were a big hit with everyone. All you have to do is grab one from the fridge and enjoy immediately!

Since I made these balls, I have started to think about what other yummy creations I could make. I have already made another oh sooo good combination.

Next recipe to be coming soon… Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tam Balls!!

Enjoy!

wordpresssignature

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

Amanda @ The Anti Mom Blog
    March 5, 2015 at 12:57 pm

omg! i could eat 100 of those! they look so incredibly delicious, pinning!
    Amanda @ The Anti Mom Blog recently posted…{Sunday Dinner} Stuffed Shells with Homemade SauceMy Profile

Simone
      March 5, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Thank you so much Amanda. Yes I could have kept on eating them too. The kids and hubby have asked for some more please!!

Grace
    March 5, 2015 at 3:56 pm

YUM! These are such a good idea! Very excited to have found your lovely blog too… I’m another Aussie baker/blogger and live in Sydney. Yay for Aussie bloggers! 🙂 Would love for you to stop by my blog and say hello.

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Hi Grace, thank you and thanks for stopping by! I have already had a little look at your blog and found some doughnuts that looked very delicious xx

Naomi Bulger
    March 5, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Oh stop! I’m supposed to be losing the baby weight, not EATING my baby’s weight in deliciousness!
    Naomi Bulger recently posted…Mean itMy Profile

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm

He-he Naomi! It is very hard not to eat them all xx

Dannielle@Zamamabakes
    March 5, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Simone you had my attention knowing there were 4 Mars Bars sitting on your kitchen bench, that can only mean good things!
    What great little melt in your mouth creations and those pictures…..especially the one with the oozing caramel, OMG!
    I know 3 little kidlets and one Zadada that would inhale these little treasures and definitely one Zamama!
    Thanks for linking up with the Fabulous Foodie Fridays Party.
    Have a beautiful weekend xx
    Dannielle@Zamamabakes recently posted…Quinoa Sushi – Fabulous Foodie Fridays #41My Profile

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Hi Danielle! I had to hide the Mars Bars a few times as they were nearly eaten before I could use them. They are definitely delicious and very tempting to just keep on eating them. Yes my kids loved them all and want me to make some more. Enjoy your weekend too xx

Dan
    March 5, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Yum, and that picture with the caramel dripping, so good!
    Dan recently posted…Raspberry and Coconut MuffinsMy Profile

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Thank you! The caramel is the best bit xx

The Ultimate Rabbit Hole: Everybody Loves Balls! - Calm to Conniption
    March 7, 2015 at 9:53 am

[…] Mars Bar Chocolate Balls – Basil & Chook […]

Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    March 7, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Yum – bite sized mars bar goodness! #FFF LinkParty
    Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages recently posted…Friday Favourite TOMFOMy Profile

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:56 pm

They are, aren’t they!! Caramel and chocolate sooo goood!!!

Nicole- Champagne and Chips
    March 8, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Oh Simone, these are amazing. That gooey caramel oozing out!
    Nicole- Champagne and Chips recently posted…Super Satisfaction Ice Cream SundaeMy Profile

Simone
      March 8, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Thank you so much Nicole. Yes it was very hard to stop at one xx

Becky at Cooking with Vinyl
    March 11, 2015 at 1:32 am

These look yummy! Thanks for sharing. I’m a food blogger and found you on a link party. I’ve followed your social sites and hope we can connect on those. Can’t wait to read more of your blog. Becky
    Becky at Cooking with Vinyl recently posted…Duet: Moist Chocolate Cake / Ella Fitzgerald “Early Ella: Great Ballads by Ella Fitzgerald”My Profile

Simone
      March 18, 2015 at 9:47 am

Hi Becky, Thank you for visiting my place and thank you for all the follows! I look forward to you visiting again soon xx

Pin-Worthy Wednesday | The Honeycomb Home
    March 11, 2015 at 10:19 pm

[…] Mars Bars Chocolate Balls  […]

Fabulous Foodie Fridays #42 - zamamabakes.com zamamabakes.com
    March 12, 2015 at 8:30 pm

[…] go a long way back, they were the star in the very first no bake slice I ever ate. Now I have Basil & Chook tempting me, bringing back all these delicious Mars Bar memories with her Mars Bar Chocolate Balls, […]