A couple of weeks ago when we were travelling to a pub to have lunch with family, we drove past a stand at the side of the road selling lemons and limes. I love seeing this sort of thing. I got hubby to pull over and buy my a bag of each. They smelt so good. I couldn’t wait to use them in some baking.
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yoghurt *
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
- Icing sugar
- 2 tlbs Lemon juice
- *I didn't have plain yoghurt. I used a berry yoghurt.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C fan forced/180°C.
- Line a cake pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the yoghurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Sift into the bowl flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently mix until combined.
- Gently mix in the blueberries into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before taking it out and placing onto a cooling rack.
- I just mix together some icing sugar and lemon juice until it makes a nice thick pour-able consistency that you can drizzle on top of the cake.
Add in a mixing bowl, yoghurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla essence and oil. Beat together.Sift flour, baking powder and salt.Mix until combined.Gently mix in the blueberries.Just out of the oven, smells amazing!The cake was delicious. It smelt so good and tasted even better. The texture was light. The flavour of the blueberries were wonderful. There wasn’t alot of lemon flavour in the cake but with the lemon icing it didn’t matter. You could probably add some lemon juice into the cake batter if you wanted it to be more lemony.
We all loved it. The kids kept eating it and there is nothing left.
I also used a new plate that I found on a vintage find. I thought I would debut it with the delicious cake.It’s so lovely and delicate. I love the picture of the lady in the corner. She is enjoying a cup of tea in the garden.
What did you get up to on the weekend? Did you try out a new recipe?