My poor veggie garden has been a little bit neglected lately. I really want to head outside and give it some tlc but it just gets pushed to the end of my to do list. Hence, my in the garden posts have been a bit scarce.
- My first veggie box is taken over by weeds. The chooks have been getting a handful of these when I venture outside to hang the washing.
- The swiss chard/silverbeet has become really tall and huge! Everytime I look out the kitchen window, I remind myself that I need to go and pick some.
- I planted 4 bush cucumber seedlings, it seems like ages ago. And all I have to show for them is 1 cucumber! Not sure how to tell if it’s ready to be picked. Any tips on when it’s ready?
- My third veggie box has so many parsley seedlings. I had a parsley plant there and let it go to seed. Well, this is what happens!! I can use my favourite word here, a plethora of parsley.
- See, parsley is even coming up through the lawn. We have mowed over it twice and it’s still growing back. The positive thing with all this parsley, is that I have a ton or plethora of parsley to make dried parsley, yum!
- I planted lettuce seeds in the veggie box where I had the old parsley plant. They started to emerge from the soil the same time the parsley shoots came up. I think they have been over run by parsley! What do you think?
Every Friday I would like to share with you an In The Garden post. You can join in too and you are more than welcome to share your garden or someone else’s. It could be the garden down the road or the park that you have in your town. You don’t have to have a veggie garden. It could be plants that are flowering or trees that are growing. It could be planted in the ground, containers or bins.
I would love to see what you have in any garden. All you need to do to join, is add your link at the end of this post and we can pop on over and have a look.
Happy gardening and enjoy your weekend x