Hello, everyone! My day started with dropping the kids off at school, and then it was busy with driving around town running errands. What I wanted to do was come home and share with you this delicious Cinnamon Tea Cake.
This cake is perfect to make when you are having visitors over for afternoon tea.
Cinnamon Tea Cake
Recipe Type: Cake
A light and moist Cinnamon Tea Cake perfect for afternoon tea.
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- vanilla essence
- extra sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven on 180°C/ 160°C fan forced
- Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, flour, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the cake tin. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake in over for about 30 minutes until the centre is cooked.
- Remove cake from tin and place on a cooling rack to cool. Or serve up while still warm.
This recipe was adapted from [url href=”http://retromummy.com/2013/07/26/simple-cinnamon-tea-cake/”]Retro Mummy[/url]
You have something that is easy to make and quick to throw together. It will be a great accompaniment to your tea or coffee.
The cake was moist, light and fluffy. We served the Cinnamon Tea Cake while it was still warm. Everyone enjoyed it, and there was nothing left. The kids just gobbled it all. A great simple cake. Delicious!