Nutella is a pantry staple in our house. I always hope that the kids will want it on toast for breakfast so I can grab a spoon and start eating it. Once I get the taste I can’t stop. But don’t worry I do stop after I have licked the fifth spoonful!
This recipe of Nutella Stuffed Cupcakes is a favourite and of course I love it because it has Nutella in it.
- 2 cups (272gms/9.6oz) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100gms/3.55oz) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml/2 fl.oz) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoons (1/4 cup/60ml) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- There are two ways for preparing these: Option 1: Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the muffin tray. Drop 1 teaspoon Nutella into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling. Or Option 2: Scoop the batter into each of the muffin liners. Drop 1 teaspoon of Nutella into the centre of each cup. Then using a tooth pick or cake skewer swirl the cupcake batter over the Nutella. You just need to cover it up a little bit. This will give you a Nutella swirl effect on top.
- Place into oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Look at all those yummy teaspoonfuls of NutellaTo get the Nutella swirl effect on top, you can use a toothpick or cake skewer and swirl the cake batter over the Nutella
A centre of choccie goodness!
These cupcakes are easy to make and taste nice warm. The texture is lovely and moist. I don’t know how long they will stay fresh for as these are all gone within two days.
Do you have a favourite recipe that uses something for a yummy centre?
I have enjoyed sharing this recipe with you so much so that I am going to head into the kitchen and make these again!