I have been a bit quiet around this place lately. Christmas is a busy time of year at our house, and there isn’t much time for anything else. I did get a chance yesterday to head into the kitchen though and make a lovely Rice Bubble Christmas Slice.
If you have noticed in the shops, they are selling Christmas m&m’s in a bucket. An abundance of red and green m&m’s. I grabbed two buckets the other day and after nearly eating all of one bucket (with the help of my kids of course) I decided I should use them for some baking as well.
So I came up with a cheerful Christmassy Rice Bubble Christmas Slice.
Combine in a large bowl, 4 cups of Rice Bubbles, 1 cup of icing sugar and 1 cup of quick oats
Melt in a small saucepan, 250 gms copha and 2 teaspoons of honey
Add the melted copha and honey into the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
Add 1 cup of red and green m&m’s and gently stir into the mix.
Once combined, pour into a baking paper lined baking dish and gently press down until level.
Place in the fridge to set.
- 4 cups of Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 250 gms copha
- 2 tsps of honey
- 1 cup of red and green m&m’s
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine in a large bowl Rice bubbles, icing sugar and quick oats.
- Melt in a small saucepan the copha and honey until completely melted.
- Once copha and honey have melted, add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the red and green m&m’s and gently mix.
- Then pour the mixture into the baking dish and gently press down until level.
- Place in the fridge until set.
- Once set, take a large knife and carefully cut into squares.
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This slice is easy to make and a great treat to have sitting in the fridge. My kids love it and are a taking a square in their lunchbox to school each day. Hubby loves it too so its happy tummies all around. Now the only problem for me with storing the slice in the fridge is that every time I go to the fridge it’s there looking at me and I just want to keep eating it.
Is there anything sitting in your fridge that you can’t stop eating?
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and happy baking!