Today I went along to the Bloggers BBQ held by Kids Business. It was a great event, and I had a lovely time talking to some of the brands that were there. One of the brands that I was happy to meet was Passage Foods. They have a wide range of sauces and kits to make a whole lot of quick yummy meals for the family.
While attending the blogger’s event we could sample some of these foods from their range. Hubby loved the Butter Chicken and went back for seconds. So I knew we had to make this for a dinner during the week. Before leaving the Passage Foods stand, we were given a goodie bag which included some of the sauces that we could try. To hubby’s luck, it included a packet of the Street Kitchen North Indian Butter Chicken.
Marinate the chicken in the Garlic and Ginger PasteHeat oil until hot, then add the spice mixAdd the marinated chicken and saute until sealedAdd North Indian Butter Chicken SauceStir, then reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 15-20 minsJust before serving we added 2 tablespoons of cream which you can add for a smoother curryOnce ready serve on a bed of rice
- Passage Foods Street Kitchen North Indian Butter Chicken Kit (we used 2 kits)
- Includes: North Indian Butter Chicken Sauce
- Garlic and Ginger Paste
- Butter Chicken Spice Mix
- You will need:
- 1 kg Diced Chicken
- 3 cups of Rice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Cream
- Marinate the chicken with garlic and ginger paste and set aside (we marinated our chicken for about an hour).
- In a medium frypan, heat the oil.
- Add Butter Chicken Spice Mix to the hot oil, leave for 5 seconds then add the diced chicken and saute until sealed.
- Add North Indian Butter Chicken Sauce, stir then reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until meat is fully cooked (15 – 20 mins) then serve on a bed of rice.
While cooking this meal, the aromas, which were coming out of the kitchen, were fantastic. I love it when a meal smells so good in the midst of cooking. The kids loved it as well and went back for seconds. When they go back for more I know that it’s going to be asked for again.
It was easy to prepare and quick to make. A perfect family dinner.
If you would like to see their whole range of Sauces and Kits you can visit their website at passagefoods.com
Passage Foods have a competition running at the moment for my readers where you can win a Passage Foods Hamper valued at $100! Enter via this link here
Good luck and Enjoy!