I went and filled up the car with petrol the other day. As you walk in and head over to the checkout to pay, they always have some deal going on whether it be packets of chips, drinks or chocolate. This time they had a deal with Mars Bars, buy 2 get 2 free. I saw these and immediately thought I need to make something with Mars Bars in it.
The chocolate bars sat on the kitchen bench for a couple of days until I decided on what to do with them.
Idea!! Chocolate balls!!!
Mars Bar Chocolate Balls!!!!
Mmmmm, caramel chocolate, in small delightful, place in your mouth treats.
- 250g packet of plain sweet biscuits, crushed (Nice, Teddy Bear etc)
- 1 x 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 3 - 4 80g bars of Mars Bars, chopped into small pieces
- ½ to 1 cup of desiccated coconut and/or chocolate flake for rolling in
- In a medium size bowl, add the crushed biscuits, cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk, and the chopped Mars Bars. Mix until all combined.
- Roll into small balls about 1 inches.
- Coat the balls in the desiccated coconut/chocolate flake.
- Chill in fridge until ready to eat.
These delicious little Mars Bar Chocolate Balls didn’t last long in our house. They were a big hit with everyone. All you have to do is grab one from the fridge and enjoy immediately!
Since I made these balls, I have started to think about what other yummy creations I could make. I have already made another oh sooo good combination.
Next recipe to be coming soon… Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tam Balls!!