I do love a good stir fry. You can include as many veggies as you want. You can also add some meat or just have the veggies by themselves.
We love eating stir fries especially with a good sauce. This recipe for Cashew Chicken sounded quite yummy, so I decided to make it for the family.
- 1 kg skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red and green pepper, sliced
- Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- Green Beans
- 4 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons cornflour. Add the sliced chicken breast and toss.
- In a small bowl, add the hoisin sauce, ginger, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar and 4 tablespoons of water, mix together.
- In a large frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper, cook until slightly soft.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, beans and sauce, cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and top with the chopped cashews.
The smell of the sauce cooking in the frying pan was making us hungry. The kids couldn’t wait to try the Cashew Chicken stir fry.
The kids rated this recipe 4 basils. 2 out of the 5 kids didn’t like the beans being too soft. Next time I won’t cook the beans too long. They liked the sauce, but we did pour some extra soy sauce over the chicken and veggies. It just went well with the dish. We do love soy sauce!