Looking for a tasty sauce that makes your mouth sing?
Check out this Balsamic Steak Sauce. It’s a zingy Balsamic sauce to serve with a tender piece of steak.
Balsamic Steak Sauce
Recipe Type: Dinner
A zingy sauce to serve with a thick tender piece of steak.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- In a small saucepan add the first seven ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes until thickened.
- Add the butter and whisk until combined.
- Serve with Steak and vegetables
This recipe was adapted from [url href=”http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/porterhouse-with-balsamic-steak-sauce-recipe.html” target=”_blank”]Food Network[/url]
The Balsamic Steak Sauce came up on the charts as a 4 Basil. Two of the younger kids thought that the balsamic taste was too strong. I have to say that it does have a strong balsamic flavour, but that’s what gives it a tangy taste. The older kids loved the flavour and went back for more.
A great sauce to add to the table for the mid-week meal or the weekend BBQ!