Lemons are a wonderful ingredient to use in baking. There are so many delicious recipes that you can use those gorgeous yellow fruits. And if you were given a bag full of homegrown lemons it’s another good reason to jump into the kitchen and bake with this juicy fruit!
These Lemon Coconut Bars are a perfect partner of coconut and lemon on a soft biscuit base.
Lemon Coconut Bars
Recipe Type: Slice
Serves: 12 squares
A delectable little square of Lemon and Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 150 gms butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced
- Line a 20 x 20 cm square pan with baking paper.
- Using a food processor, combine flour and icing sugar then process the butter until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake at 180°C/160°C fan forced for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take out of the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until well mixed.
- Pour over base and sprinkle the coconut evenly over the top.
- Bake at 180°C/160°C fan forced for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Once cooled you can cut into bars.
This recipe was adapted from [url href=”http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/lemon-coconut-bars/” target=”_blank”]my baking addiction[/url]
A delectable little square of Lemon and Coconut to enjoy for afternoon tea with a cuppa or a coffee.
What do you like baking with lemons?